Follow Me

Follow me:

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vacation day 41

This day was perfect to head up.. to 1583m above sea level. When we were at the very top of Sierra Espuña I felt a little dizzy, otherwise it was awesome with the view and the silence. I'd happily have stayed there for a few hours but I don't think the military would have approved of. There were huge warning signs at the entrance to their area. Authorities can be somewhat scary sometimes.. all the times I have seen police and guardia civil, they have been equipped with numerous weapons. About a week ago we were stopped on the highway. It was just a routine check but one becomes a little nervous when they are standing right next to you with their weapons. Well, after the Sierra Espuña we went to Lorca. We weren't there for long.. but I managed to take a photo of an old castillo (castle) anyway. =) On the way home we stopped at Águilas because we had seen on the news that they had floods.. but not when we got there. We walked a bit along the beach and enjoyed the evening sun.















No comments: